Saturday, May 16, 2015

Plastic Little Pirate Sword

staring at this glass i'm holding in my hand 
i wonder why they serve it with a plastic little pirate sword 
and a storm starts brewing in the sky, up above 
then CRACK like a lightening bolt from in the sky, up above 
...up above. 
sword in hand i am the captain here of my ship 
and staring at my drink i see the waves that break upon the rocks 
I see new horizons every time i'm turning keel 
and every time i'm turnin i see new sunsets a'burnin 
...sunsets are burning. 
bounce off the rocks for a drink or two, all night through, 
not really sure where i'm going to, don't have a clue, 
...maybe i'll find a way. 
but hey bartender, mister Poseidon now, 
the tide's gone out, 
i've beached my ship. 
and when i look around i see this ain't the place i wanna be 
so top me up 
and set my sails, 
i know you know that i just want to be free. 
sword in hand i am the captain here of my ship, 
it's not called drinking when you're sailing to another land. 
no no, thank you, i've never used a crew before 
and i'll drift like this for days if i need to. 
...and i need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment